20 training workshops & roundtables. Four private consulting appointments.
Learn more about this year’s workshops, so you can plan which ones to attend.
Workshop Guide & Descriptions
After your participation in the ASGA Atlanta conference, student leaders and advisors will be able to demonstrate the following skills and knowledge:
- Understand the purpose, role, and function of an effective Student Government
- Know how to recruit more candidates and how to improve voter turnout in SG elections
- Understand how to collaboratively work with administrators and staff to participate fully in the college or university governance process
- Understand how to effectively deal with conflict within their organizations
- Understand how to manage their time to be more competent and effective as a student leader
- Quantify the current skill level of their Student Government and will be able to identify steps to improve in the future
- Understand how to efficiently transition to the next group of officers and members
- Understand how to market Student Government to be more attention campuswide and improve SG’s image
- Learn how to focus on realistic and attainable goals and will understand the definition of a winnable issue
- Learn how to include all students into Student Government